Employment and Labour Law
Skau Reipurth advises on all aspects of employment and labour law. Our clients include businesses, private individuals and trade unions, and we advise Danish as well as international clients.
We advise on all aspects of set-up, changes to or termination of employment relationships, be it conclusion of employment contracts, executive service contracts or negotiation of severance agreements.
Our team is also experienced in incentive programmes, be it cash bonuses, employee retention bonus programmes or warrant programmes.
Our extensive experience covers labour law, and we assist clients with conclusion and negotiation of collective agreements and workplace agreements as well as disputes before the Danish Labour Court or industrial arbitration tribunals.
Last but not least, our team regularly provides advice in respect of M&A which means we have in-depth knowledge of performing legal due diligence reviews from an employment law perspective. The team also conducts regular examinations of whether a transfer is subject to the Danish Act on Employees’ Rights in the event of transfers of undertakings.
Attorney and Partner Thomas Christian Thune is co-author of the most recent edition of Funktionærret (on employment of salaried employees), which is regarded as one of the major works in Danish employment law literature.
Our services include
- Terminations, warnings, severance agreements etc.
- Employment contracts
- Executive service agreements
- M&A and reorganisations
- Non-competition clauses, non-solicitation clauses and restrictive employment clauses
- Human resource due diligence
- Labour law, including collective agreements
- Conflict management and negotiations
- Litigation and arbitration
- Freelance and consulting agreements
- In- and expatriation agreements
- Legislation relating to equal opportunities
- Incentive programmes
- Work and residence permits (business immigration)
- Information and consultation of employees and cooperation committees
- Holiday, leave, illnesses and other types of absence
- Legal position of employees in case of bankruptcy
- Employment practices and employee handbooks
- Drafting and implementation of HR policies
- Performance of interviews with employees, for instance employment interviews, sickness absence interviews and performance appraisals
Attorney of the Danish High Courts, partner
Attorney, senior associate