Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
Skau Reipurth provides specialist advice to both Danish and international organisations on all legal aspects of ESG.
ESG, which is short for Environmental, Social and Governance, covers environmental, social and governance issues. ESG thus encompasses both climate and environment, labour and human rights as well as best practice in relation to governance.
As a result of recent years’ development, including the soaring amount of sustainability legislation and regulation, in combination with the implementation of statutory requirements and standards requiring businesses to act and report on sustainability, ESG is becoming increasingly important in Danish and international organisations alike.
Prioritising ESG is therefore no longer optional, and businesses will – in addition to the growing statutory requirements and standards – also face increased demands from relevant parties such as investors, business partners, suppliers, customers and employees. Businesses may, however, find it challenging to deal with the flood of statutory requirements and standards – and not least the requirements from relevant players on, for example, the implementation of sustainability in businesses’ strategies and decision-making processes.
Skau Reipurth provides specialist advice to both Danish and international organisations on all legal aspects of ESG, including advice on efficient and correct implementation, management and reporting. We also assist businesses in understanding and interpreting statutory requirements and standards, identifying and managing risks and strengthening corporate compliance functions in the areas of collection, processing, systematisation and quality assurance of relevant ESG data. Moreover, we help businesses gain a deeper understanding of the commercial context.
Skau Reipurth works actively with ESG and focuses on sustainability in both its own business and in relation to clients.
Our services include
- Compliance assessments as regards, for example, the EU Taxonomy Regulation, the Disclosure Regulation, the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive and the Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive as well as relevant adoption of regulation in Denmark
- Implementation of rules
- Setting up systems and processes
- Preparation of action plans and tools
- Establishment and control of compliance programmes
- Advice on reporting requirements and standards
- Data quality assurance
- Strategy and risk management advice
- Identification of risks and performance of gap analyses
- Development of relevant policies, guidelines and procedures
- Organisation and execution of internal investigations
- Advice on how to prevent greenwashing
- Advice on ESG in connection with transactions
- Due diligence investigations in connection with transactions and in relation to business partners, suppliers, customers, etc.
- Advice on sustainable finance
- Advice on sustainable investments
- Advice on sustainable development projects
- Board of Directors support
- Preparation of contract and trade terms